How does the B.A.T. Mount to the Pulley/Sheave?
We’re often asked how does the B.A.T. Laser Modules attach to the sheave face or pulleys.
The B.A.T. modules have magnets it two different locations. This allows you to mount the B.A.T. Belt Alignment Tool modules to many different pulleys and sheave faces.
To get started using the B.A.T. Belt Alignment Tool:
- Be sure the AA Batteries are installed in each of your B.A.T. modules.
- Magnetically affix a B.A.T. laser module to each sheave or pulley with the laser emitters pointing at the opposing sheave/B.A.T. laser module.
- Turn on each laser module by turning the batter knob clockwise.
- Your Green line laser should now be visible.
- Align the laser lines to the center white target lines: The green line laser should be visible on the opposing B.A.T. target face. Observe target faces; observe the offset and angular alignments. If a green line laser is not visible on white center target faces, see the below rough alignment procedure or see the offset alignment procedures described herein.
- Rough corrections can be made by aiming the lasers on floors, ceilings, etc. crossing the beams and observing the beam angles. Then, align laser lines on these alternate surfaces. Now, re-aim the lasers at the B.A.T. targets for final correction.
- Make corrections by moving the moveable pulley system until the laser lines fall onto the white middle of the both B.A.T. GlowLine™ Target surfaces.
- Confirm belt tensioning prior to returning equipment to normal service.
If you have any questions or would like more information about the B.A.T. Belt Alignment Tool, please let us know.