Tighten up your belt and pulley processes
Your equipment’s belts and pulleys are at the foundation of your business.
Making sure they’re working in proper alignment as part of your preventative maintenance procedures is a critical component of your company’s efficiency and success. The B.A.T. Belt Alignment Tool® allows you to easily identify problem spots and make adjustments to belts and pulleys, saving you time and preventing future problems. (more…)
Addressing the issue of soft foot
Soft foot refers to distortion occurring at the base of a rotating machinery.
This happens when at least one machine foot is not the same height as the others. A common problem on machine frames, soft foot can make it difficult to properly correct shaft misalignment. It can cause machine vibration and reduced motor life if not addressed. The B.A.T. Belt Alignment Tool can be utilized to identify soft foot, among other mechanical problems.
How the B.A.T. Belt Alignment Tool® can improve belt alignment
Any HVAC service technician will tell you that belt alignment is key to having your system work properly and efficiently. Even if a belt is only slightly out of alignment, it can increase energy use, cause damaging vibration and decrease the lifespan of your machine’s belts and pulleys.
While traditional methods for checking alignment (visual judgment, strings, straight edge) can be helpful, they’re rarely accurate. A belt that is only out of alignment a small amount may meet industry standards but is still not running as efficiently as it should.
Our Tool. Your Questions.
Get to know the B.A.T. inside and out.
Q) What type of batteries does the B.A.T. Belt Alignment Tool® use? How long do they last?
A) The B.A.T. takes 2 AAA batteries per laser that last approximately 8 hours.
Q) How bright are the B.A.T. lasers?
A) The B.A.T. has two brilliant green line lasers that can be seen further than 30 feet.
Q) Do the offset targets come as part of the B.A.T. toolkit?
A) Yes. Our toolkit includes 3 GlowLine® Dual Magnetic Targets that are used for offset measurements, multi-pulley alignments, base flatness and other applications.
Q) What is the minimum pulley size my B.A.T. can affix to?
A) The B.A.T. is designed to fit on pulleys as small as 2-inches in diameter. The proprietary design of the B.A.T. provides for mounting on small pullies as well as mounting in tight spaces.
How does the B.A.T. Mount to the Pulley/Sheave?
We’re often asked how does the B.A.T. Laser Modules attach to the sheave face or pulleys.
The B.A.T. modules have magnets it two different locations. This allows you to mount the B.A.T. Belt Alignment Tool modules to many different pulleys and sheave faces.
To get started using the B.A.T. Belt Alignment Tool:
- Be sure the AA Batteries are installed in each of your B.A.T. modules.
- Magnetically affix a B.A.T. laser module to each sheave or pulley with the laser emitters pointing at the opposing sheave/B.A.T. laser module.
- Turn on each laser module by turning the batter knob clockwise.
- Your Green line laser should now be visible.
- Align the laser lines to the center white target lines: The green line laser should be visible on the opposing B.A.T. target face. Observe target faces; observe the offset and angular alignments. If a green line laser is not visible on white center target faces, see the below rough alignment procedure or see the offset alignment procedures described herein.
- Rough corrections can be made by aiming the lasers on floors, ceilings, etc. crossing the beams and observing the beam angles. Then, align laser lines on these alternate surfaces. Now, re-aim the lasers at the B.A.T. targets for final correction.
- Make corrections by moving the moveable pulley system until the laser lines fall onto the white middle of the both B.A.T. GlowLine™ Target surfaces.
- Confirm belt tensioning prior to returning equipment to normal service.
Reliability Concepts Announces New B.A.T. Belt Alignment Tool®
January 13, 2014, Coldwater, MI
Reliability Concepts Announces New B.A.T. Belt Alignment Tool® With Patent-Pending Design and Cross-Firing Laser Technology For Faster, More Accurate Alignments
Coldwater, MI – January 13, 2014 – Michael Olszewski, President of Reliability Concepts, announced today the launch of the B.A.T. Belt Alignment Tool® Green Laser Belt Alignment System, a completely revolutionary new green laser system for belt alignment that uses Cross-Firing Green Lasers and dual GlowLine® Targets for the most accurate belt alignment possible. Available in 3 configurations and fully upgradeable, the B.A.T. Belt Alignment Tool™ promises to change the way belt alignment is performed throughout the maintenance and reliability community, making belt alignments faster, easier, and more accurate. (more…)